The Afterthought of Sonic Camp 2.0
Back from the camp retreat, I am quite sluggish physically from the lack of sleep for the past two nights. Not that the bed was uncomfortable, but I usually stay up late till I am really sleepy before I am settled for the night. And at the camp, early mornings' devotion did not encourage my sleeping habits and that was some adjustment. On a cheery note, I am spiritually uplifted, rejuvenated!
God really works differently with each of His children.
During the praise and worship sessions, thanksgiving was the only thing that came to my mind for I am so glad that He has shown me grace with the people that He has given to me- fellow brothers and sisters at Sonic Edge, Marcus, and close friends who are there with me when my soul is weak. The restoration of what was lost has been filled by God's love through these special individuals. Some of the songs we sang were so poignant because of the realism of the words that I was able to relate to. Also, events that had taken place and testimonies shared within the group made me realised that God is weaving unto me like the knots of wool of a carpet's making in progress. Taking baby steps to know more about Him. He knows me. Someone asked if I had ever experienced God since I have been rather passive towards certain doctrines. My answer is yes though I cannot offer a concrete testimony. I guess scepticism does occupy a little part of me. The last night, He moved powerfully amongst us, especially me. The Lord had chosen to deal with me indirectly as I did not receive any word. I had requested for a vision or a message if it might be done unto me. I felt His presence in our midst. However, never did it occur to me that I would be overwhelmed by His message. Father, you saw through me and You led Marcus to gently remind me of my heart for You. Learning to submit entirely is something, which I am constantly working on. Knowing myself as You do, I was awed by Your ways. Verses discussed in my group have been dismissed for something else.
It was only after Marcus came to me that I understand the verses were meant for me.
Having the second sonic camp at the same dormitory, Scripture Union camp, Sentosa, feels really great as I have grown accustomed to the surroundings. Besides, the Palawan beach, formally known as the Central beach, is only a few minutes walk away. Lovely is it not.. With peacocks and peahens roving the area, Jacqueline’s love interest and Marcus’ wild peacock chasing, I became intrigued by the pea-family!
Let me tell you, reader, peacocks have really beautiful metallic blue necks and feathers. They are indeed aesthetically more attractive than their female counterparts except for their snobbishness when they walk frantically away from you if you try to approach them. Peahens, on the contrary are friendlier in a cool way where they are rather indifferent with human company. So much for digressing! I am still not used to nightfall there as the toilets get disturbing at night. Strange-looking bugs buzzing at the fluorescent lights and occasional visits from large creepy crawlies from the attic-style, wood ceiling at the less frequent basic toilet situated on the lower ground.
I like female bonding and our econ minimart.
The highlight of the camp was this morning where the baptism took place at Palawan beach of course. I was all smiles seeing the six batistes affirm their confirmation by symbolically become the lambs of the Shepherd. Alleluia!
*pooped*..*bailler*..