Sonntag, März 14, 2004



That's it. I give up on pasta!

I have just surrendered to the fact that I have a very low tolerance level for pasta; any kind, be it spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine, penne, tagliatette, pappardelle, cappellini, rigatoni, fusilli, conchiglie, maccheroni, ravioli, gnocchi, panzerotti, triangolini or tortellini (courtesy of pastafresca.com). Well, I can only have a very small handful of pasta. Olive/tomato/cream or seafood base doesn't improve my appetite at all. Perhaps the only kind of pasta which I dont have any difficulty digging into is the cold tuna pasta salad with a lot of mixed vegetable and tuna prepared by Tom. With that, I can eat as much as I want without feeling stuffed halfway through what's left on my plate.

Basically, I can take any kind of pasta dish that does not have too much pasta content in it. And now, I can stop fooling myself with the mentality that I can finish a pasta dish when I am really famished. Not today or any other day is going to prove that the plan really works.

Dark erdinger looks so yummy to eat. *slurps*

Can't remember if I have ever tasted caramel custard before today. It really tasted weird though. Custard pudding soaked in semi-melted brown sugar and caramel. Wait, there were also the weird-tasting tortellini al funghi and the risotto al funghi which marcus and his mother ordered. The first tasted like durian cake while the latter could have been mistaken for banana rice. I was really intrigued (and partially turned off by the pseudo-durian flavour tortellini 'cause i tried that before eating my penne carbonara. you could possibly have guessed how it badly affected the rest of what I ate.) by this extraordinary gustatory experience! It was almost like they were new tropical food inventions by the Italianos!

Ok, I give up. I am no pasta fan. Not in the near future or -ever-. But Japanese food (especially sushi) rocks! Yet, no raw anything except the octopus. oishi!

No, don't tell me what I am missing out. Raw fish just makes my stomach turn.