*frustrated*
Why must all plans fail?
I am so agitated. Guess I would be more prone to suffering from hypertension huh. Am I trying to fulfil a self-induced prophecy?
*yawn*
its so tiring
---
-----
---
Met colleen and chrispy at cityhall for dinner and it was at the poorly-lit memorial park with subway takeaways. Colleen came for only a day to get his university application done. Apparently, he travelled alone here because the other two guys from awake kl played him out at the last minute. Wot a setup you might say but since he is quite familiar with the country, it was not at all an arduous task to get around and shop with chris.
-we could be studying in the same college next time round, yeah. who knows?-
+arh+
angrwee!
+++
+++++
+++
After colin left to catch his train, yes, he travelled on the train with a bunk to sleep in and a nice, clean sanitary cell, *wishes train rides to M'sia*, I dragged chris to suntec in hope of getting the pair of converse sneakers which were previously spotted selling off at 20 bucks. Unfortunately, they were replaced by a newer design of sneakers therefore costing more. I like my shoes simple though. chris, on the other hand, exalted us to the likes of shoplifting suspects by drawing unworthy attention from the shoppers each time we walked past the sensors at the retailers. His new purchase from HMV had activated the alarms!! Never mind that we were almost stopped for inspection twice, and causing immense puzzlement to the salesperson at topshop, I just loathe glares from people even when walking in the malls.
After all that moment of drama, we crossed over to marina square as my insatiable request to buy something has not been met. It turned out that the mall was close to empty and we got lost in there while trying to figure out the exit to the esplanade! Someone please update the signs.
Perhaps divine instincts came upon chris in which he eventually led us to the correct side exit that I had been talking all along.."we must get to that side lah.." haha, aint it ambiguous? *wink* Only I knew what that side meant. However, it became so foreign and I could not recall how to find it. *whee*
At the esplanade, chris assisted me around. A pity that the library has closed. If it were not for that, I would have been able to take a peek at how grand the librariere would be. As we were about to leave, something caught our interest and we walked out into the open.
I stood transfixed at the dancers dressed in handmade costumes, with large handiwork of styrofoam designs: swans, moon, sun, stars affixed to poles. Some had it supported to their heads like a headdress, enhanced with a dreamlike feel with the long flowing overalls. Others moved along with the sway of the poles in their hands. Here, the binary opposites of the real and reel were juxtaposed. Those wearing the headdress have their casual clothes enshrouded and the ones carrying the poles did not. In fact, I noticed mostly men were chosen to wear the headdress. Probably because they produced a greater effect of exemplifying "massive" stature in height. Such coordination created a real world of the mystics coming alive right before our eyes where the origins were chereographed in to a dance-like procession of India's rich culture. Even the 'stage' where the dance was performed was temporal. chris commented that the stage was no longer the stage when the dance proceed from an arena to another. The audience followed too although the faze died not long after the act was shifted further and further away from the main arena.
We had walked into Indian Festival of the Arts at the waterfront this evening.
So, to sum it up, go to the esplanade some day 'cause you never know what is in store for you that will intrigue you into a standstill.
***
*****
***
You should really hear Fangfang sing one day if you get the chance. We were remixing chinese oldies from the 60s to 90s. Boy, it was so kool. I laughed till tears were brimming at the corners. It was that funny. Entertaining, when the workplace starts to stink.
Adieu~