Donnerstag, Juni 05, 2003



She robs with her gaze and then devours my privacy.


Her eyes beckon. And I freeze in time. I am afraid that they will see through me like a transparent glass and steal the rights of ownership that I possess to myself. I will not allow her to read my mind the way she does when she stares at the space where I am seated. Sometimes, when I feel her trespassing, and myself cornered into a space with nowhere else to take cover, I retract into a bubble I conceive in my head, a sort of protective coverage to block out her penetrating sight. They seem to immobilize at my direction. It was almost as if she was in deep thought, as though her mind was running through mine, filtering each segment and seizing each opportunity to untie the knots of fortification leading to my soul. There are no walls to separate her gaze with the surface of my bare skin exposed. There is nothing to stop her. I can only salve this violation by ignoring her presence in the room altogether. Such an ominous presence I am terrified to confront. She is the trepidation which afflicts me with so much pain. Too inhibited to make any drastic movements lest she gets alerted, I can only continue to feign ignorance. Just like they say, ~{!0~}Ignorance is bliss.~{!1~} How befitting it is for such a dreadful occasion.