+"ahem", and clears the dry throat uncomfortably, types:+
A sore throat is impending and I wish gulping gallons of honey water now would help ease my poor-suffering, itchy esophagus. [my dear readers, please drink plenty of water or any other fluids like juice if you can to avoid sharing the similar discomfort. It is unbearable.] *breathes* *eeps*
An accomplished day: (all that mattered was that I went for two interviews back to back. fortunately for me, they were located at Bugis and Lavender respectively. so, I did not have to travel much though the ride to Bugis made me lose my head and it swung out of control a couple of times till I became mindful of my unglamourous demeanour. haha.) Tomorrow would begin as -the- probation day at an "ulu" complex in Bugis. If I can survive the 9am to 5:30pm training trial, I would get the job. Also, if I get the nod from the supervisor-in-charge. (I pray that I will not be placed under that bald, lecherous man who surprisingly has a deep, immaculate clear-cut voice. I maintain that I am not discriminating but a woman's sixth sense is always accurate.) Basically, the job scope demands me to commit 6 full days each week. The pay is rather reasonable but I am having second thoughts about working full-time on Saturday. (somebody convince me or prove me otherwise). Another undesirable factor is that the job requires me to dress up presentably. (ho hum). This means no jeans, or t-shirts. Sneakers and slippers would be out of the question too. I am sad. I will have to wear a skirt, not denim but formal wear and yet, not too formal. The one thing I dislike about working other than waking up when I can smell the fresh air, is dressing up. Why bother? Of course, when it comes to dealing with customers personally, you will have to look professional without putting the company's reputation at risk. I will be nice.
Speaking of interviews, there is no doubt that you get the jitters before entering the room to meet your interviewer. I stuttered on my words when I went for the second interview. He is a male and I figured a male's presence can be rather intimidating sometimes. Do not ask me why. Tables turned as we progressed further into Qs & As. I was not amused when he could not tell me specific details like which positions are available and what is the pay rate like. Then, he started to fumble. [hah, sadistic me felt triumphant!]. Being the loquacious and "wanna-know-everything-smartie", I must have spent a longer time "interviewing the manager" and when I walked out of the room, there was a smirk in the suppressed glint in my eyes. The poor interviewees in the waiting area would be puzzled if they had seen me. They might think that I have gotten the post, however, never would they have known that the successful outcome of the applicants would be only be determined if they receive a call. [haha]. Never mind if I thought that was a wasted trip. If I did not go in the first place, I would not know it was not worth the effort. Silly am I not. Don't you ever regret your decisions, readers!
Alrighty. Now to decide what to wear for "work" tomorrow.
OH what a headache!